Laser downtime is costly and production expenses can pile up fast while you wait for your blower to be replaced.
- We remanufacture Oerlikon Leybold blowers (WSLF 1001 and 2001 models) to the tightest specifications, so they will run "like new". These are used throughout the laser metals industry.
- For complete remanufacturing, each pump is disassembled, inspected, and cleaned in an alkaline hot tank, with materials disposed per regulatory guidelines.
- If the blower has "crashed" we strip and replate the cylinder, headplates, and impellers as necessary, using electroless nickel. Critical bearing bores and dowel pin holes are carefully masked to prevent nickel buildup. The rotor neck is resleeved if there is excessive wear on the inner race contact surface. The original rotor balance weights are not disturbed.
- All new piston rings are used on reassembly. We install the bearings and rotor using special pusher tooling. Bearings are not "hammered home" with a driving tool. We use NSK bearings that we believe are better than the SNR OEM bearings. The motor adapter bearing bore is indicated and re-dowelled to less than 0.001" TIR. This insures that the three bearings on the drive impeller are coaxial. Rotor run out is held to less than 0.001" TIR also.
- A 24 hour run-in follows using air at 70 torr. A helium leak check is then done and an accelerometer probe attached for an FFT vibration analysis.'
Pictured left is the heat exchanger that removes the heat of compression. The air recirculates back into the inlet of the blower thru the flexible hoses. Our test runs for 24 hours with the two-pole canned motor running at 85HZ to give 5100 RPM at the blower. The motor can eliminate troublesome shaft seals.
Shown left is a unit on final test. We run it with air at 70 torr, (100 hectopascals), to closely approximate conditions in the laser. You can see a vibration pickup attached to the motor housing. In order to pass our QC tests, the blower must have a total vibration less than 0.12 inches/second using our FFT analyzer.
We have a lot of demanding customers whose blowers are vital to their lasers running efficiently, with a low cost of ownership. A high quality MHV remanufactured blower can add years to a laser's life without breaking the bank. You'll find our pricing is typically lower than OEM's and our turnaround time is better.